To apply for this position please send all materials and inquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Pune, India
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to gather and analyse functional requirements, gather data in support of business cases and systems requirements. He / She will be responsible for test plans and scripts, tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT products & applications through careful testing
Position & Responsibilities:
• Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
• Analyse documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
• Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfil end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
• Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
• Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
• Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
• Analyse formal test results to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• BE / MCA / MSC degree or equivalent in an IT related discipline.
• Formal training and certification in Software Testing ( ISTQB )
• 3-4 years direct experience in design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
• 3-4 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
• Prior knowledge of ERP and CRM (Knowledge about NetSuite / Salesforce will be added advantage)
• Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web and client/server applications.
• Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
• Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
• Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.