Integrate NetSuite with the Flexible SuiteCloud Platform
The SuiteTalk component of the SuiteCloud framework allows integration of NetSuite with other on-premise or cloud solutions,build website-to-NetSuite integrations or create lightweight custom mobile applications. Operations within NetSuite accessible to other systems depend on access privileges. Applications have varying needs of integration and SuiteTalk offers multiple approaches to meet these needs.
SOAP based Web Services can be used when you’re publishing a complex application program interface (API) to the outside world. SuiteTalk enables integrations using Java, Microsoft .NET or any other development language that supports SOAP-based web services.
When something which is lightweight, has a lower learning curve, and offers faster results for simple transactions (i.e., Create, Read, Update, Delete or CRUD operations) is needed, REST-based approach can be used.Standard REST functions such as POST, PUT, GET and DELETE can be used by developers to define their own procedures.
Case Study: Facilitating a Supply Chain of Contract Manufacturers Using Web-Services
Centium Consulting has helped a customer implement manufacturing functionality in NetSuite where all of the operations were occurring at contract manufactures locations using Web Services. The key aspect of this integration was that complete visibility of inventory in Work in Process was maintained as semi-finished inventory moved from one contract manufacturer to the next.
Transactions facilitated by web services included:
- Inventory receipt against a Purchase Order to the raw material supplier
- Work Order completion
- Inventory Transfer
- Receipt of a non-inventory item
- Receipt against an Inventory Transfer Order
- Shipment of finished product to Customer
Business benefits of this integration included:
- The inventory planner is now able to control inventory movement in the supply chain
- Customer has visibility of inventory throughout the outsourced manufacturing process
- Contract manufacturers are able to report completion of services which facilitates their payment